The FDA has approved Zostavax for patients 50 and older (http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm248390.htm).
Prior to this the vaccine was available for patients 60 and older.
Read the following link which summarizes the study that helped in this decision: http://www.internalmedicinenews.com/index.php?id=495&cHash=071010&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=53263
- Follow Blog via EmailFor Email Newsletters you can trust.
- May Is High Blood Pressure Education Month
- Patents on “reinvented” medications lead to higher insurance premiums
- It Is Time To Speak Up About The Medicare Payments To Doctors Data Dump
- ‘Concierge’ doctors’ contracts give patients choice and savings – 3/12/2011
- It is Busy Season in Fort Myers Florida