Xarelto (rivaroxaban), a Factor Xa inhibitor, has recently been approved by the FDA for the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis. A recent trial has also shown that Xarelto is noninferior to Coumadin (warfarin) in treatment for Atrial Fibrillation. The following article discusses studies involving this new and exciting medication. http://www.internalmedicinenews.com/newsletter/internal-medicine-news-e-newsletter/singleview40766/rivaroxaban-contests-warfarin-for-stroke-prevention-in-af/cb1b135f01.html
- Follow Blog via EmailFor Email Newsletters you can trust.
- May Is High Blood Pressure Education Month
- Patents on “reinvented” medications lead to higher insurance premiums
- It Is Time To Speak Up About The Medicare Payments To Doctors Data Dump
- ‘Concierge’ doctors’ contracts give patients choice and savings – 3/12/2011
- It is Busy Season in Fort Myers Florida