Dr. Kordonowy has indicated Healh Savings Accounts’s are a step in the right direction to place better personal and provider accountability into health care delivery and improve personal choice for your health care. The following link indicates that companies are now recognizing this as ” the future” for health care payments. Dr. Kordonowy would favor eliminating requiring PPO insurance as part of the HSA option (currently required by law). Only when the insurance industry is forced to provide consumers with less expensive insurance options (such as true catastrophic coverage) will the HSA find its true market potential. Persons who take on higher levels of personal risk via HSA accounts and higher personal deductables should see proportionally lower insurance premiums from the industry. With the PPO rider requirement in the law, the health insurance industry doesn’t have to provide the consumer with a fairly priced product.
- Follow Blog via EmailFor Email Newsletters you can trust.
- May Is High Blood Pressure Education Month
- Patents on “reinvented” medications lead to higher insurance premiums
- It Is Time To Speak Up About The Medicare Payments To Doctors Data Dump
- ‘Concierge’ doctors’ contracts give patients choice and savings – 3/12/2011
- It is Busy Season in Fort Myers Florida